Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Snap, Crackle, & Pop... & Marshmallows




For me, this is one of those recipes where when the two things are alone it triggers my gag reflexes, but when they are together the angels of mediocre snack foods sing in perfect harmony. This is also one of those recipes where I don't really measure anything- I just kinda do it. Here's what you need.

1 bag of marshmallows
1 box of Rice Krispies
2 tbsp butter

Generously grease a large bowl and spatula. Microwave the marshmallows and butter for a minute or until fairly gooey. This is where your imagination comes in. I never measure the amount of Rice Krispies. I just add it until I think there's enough. I'd guess around 4 cups, but you be the judge. After you that you play around with it. Pictured here I have chocolate and sprinkles, but I have also done M&M's or sweetened coconut. Have some fun with it. Great for movie nights or just when you want something sweet and you don't want to turn on the oven because it's ridiculously hot.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment