Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Balsamic Corn Salad



Once upon a time, I decided to eat clean. So I looked up "clean eating" in the Pinterest search bar. I found this corn salad. I have it pictured here with some romaine lettuce and feta cheese because I think it's better with a base or you could put it on top of tuna as well. The corn is meant to be warm, but I prefer this whole salad cold. Here's what you need.

For the salad
2 pounds sweet corn
1 large red bell pepper
1 10 oz package of cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion (I thought this was too much. I suggest 1/4 red onion)
1 pound package shelled edamame beans (I couldn't find any, but I'm interested in how that would change the flavor of it all.)
1 10 oz package tofu (optional)

For the dressing
4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
4 tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
1 small bunch of fresh basil

Dice the pepper and onion and mix those and the rest of the salad ingredients together in a bowl.  In a separate, smaller bowl mix the dressing together. Spoon over the salad or offer it on the side to your guests.

It's a versatile salad with a bangin' dressing. Great for summer picnics and potlucks.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment