Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Alfredo Sauce That Knocks Your Socks Off


 I never knew how... what is the word I'm looking for here?... bleh. Yea, I never knew how bleh store bought sauce is until I made this recipe. Maybe I shouldn't share this. It could put those companies out of business. This rich, super creamy Alfredo sauce is so good it may knock your socks off. I have mine pictured here with some spaghetti, shrimp, and scallops because I love seafood Alfredo. You could also add chicken if that sounds good. This is a Mom's Crazy Cooking recipe. Here's what you need.

1 stick of butter
1 clove minced garlic
I pint heavy cream
1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cream cheese
salt, pepper (I used cayenne because I live my life on the edge) to taste
Okay, so in a saucepan over medium heat melt butter and add garlic and cook for two minutes. Then add in heavy cream and cream cheese and heat until bubbling. Do not boil. Add in Parmesan cheese and mix until the cheese melts. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with pasta of your choice. Maybe top with some parsley or chives for color. It is so simple and so amazingly good. Make it to impress a special someone even if it's yourself.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment