Tuesday, July 2, 2013

You Will Never Have Normal Breakfast Again Eggs Benedict


Oh, Eggs Benedict, how I dream of thee. No lie. I have had dreams about this incredible dish. This is another recipe that I knew to be popular, but I had never tried. So, on a morning when I woke up at 3am and was clearly not going to make it back to bed, I ran to the store to pick up everything I needed to make this truly underrated dish. And of course this is a Chef John recipe. Here's what you need.

2 super fresh eggs
1/4 cup vinegar 
2 slices Canadian bacon (or, ya know, ham works fine as well)
1 English muffin
1 1/2 stick unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
1/2 lemon
salt to taste
cayenne or tobasco sauce to taste


Here's a demo on how to make Hallandaise sauce

In a deep, wide pan bring 4-6 cups of water to a simmer and pour in 1/4 cups of vinegar. This helps the egg yolks stay together. Crack your two eggs into seperate bowls to make sute there are no shells or a broken yolk. Gently pour the eggs into the water. Now here is where your taste buds do the talking. If you like a runny egg (which is what I recommend) let them cook for just 3-5 minutes. You will be able to check the consistancy by using a wide slotted spoon and fishing it out. Poke the yolk and when it is to your liking, place it (smooth side up) onto your HOT English muffin and Canadian bacon. Pour your sauce over and there you have it. I like to garnish mine with some cayenne pepper and chives. Prepare yourself for a really amazing day.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment